Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Morning Recipe: Waffles anytime

Sorry this is a bit late. I have been trying to think of what to post this morning and everything sounded good but nothing said that it was THE ONE.

Whenever I hit that mood when I don't know what to make for dinner, this recipe is the one that wins. Because really? Who can pass up Waffles for dinner?  And when I'm feeling extra nice, I'll pull out varied toppings for the family to make them special. My kids love to make them look like an ice cream sundae, they put chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a cherry on top.

Waffles
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk (see note at bottom if you do not have buttermilk on hand)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup butter, melted

Heat waffle iron. In a bowl beat eggs. Add buttermilk, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. SLOWLY add the melted butter, beat until smooth. Pour batter onto a lightly greased waffle iron. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 4 cups of batter or 4 to 8 waffles, depending on size. I personally triple the recipe and make extras, let cool on a cookie sheet, layer with wax paper and freeze in a freezer safe bag. Then the kids can either nuke or pop them in the toaster in the morning & have waffles for breakfast too.

*Note:
If you do not have buttermilk you can make a substitute by using 1 tablespoon of lemon juice OR vinegar then enough milk to make one cup. Let set aside for 5 minutes then use as normal.

If you have any type of recipe you'd like to see posted here feel free to find me on Twitter @Christag_banner and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment