Monday, May 2, 2011

Pull the plug

I know a few of you might be a bit confused as to why the blog was missing this morning. A bit of an explanation, last night after I had posted some adoption banners I had a "visitor" here going alphabetically using the labels on the left side, checking out each and every post.  When all was said and done, over 30+ banners were downloaded, some of the older story banners don't have the code on them to stop downloading, I need to take care of that today.

I tried to ask on Twitter why this person was doing this, I got no reply.  I have stated over and over that if there is a banner you would like a copy of, all you have to do is contact me. I have posted my Twitter, Facebook and email information for ease of access to me.  This person didn't reply or contact me.  So I pulled the plug last night for about seven hours to prove a point, I was watching and was not happy.

If this continues, I will pull the blog down completely, not just for a few hours, I will leave the fandom and stop making banners. Even though I do not take the pictures of these actor/actresses, I consider the banner mine, my design.  Just as authors of fan fiction do not own the characters, they own their plot to their story.  And when someone takes our work without letting us know what is going on we do not appreciate it.  We work hard for the finished product.

So...as I have said before, if you would like a copy of a banner contact me via Twitter, Facebook or email.

3 comments:

  1. Aww hon - I am so sorry that happened! Absolutely they are your creative works and it's completely within your rights to protect them however you see fit. Please don't let one person ruin the fandom for you, you would be greatly missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's unfortunate that because of a couple of bad seeds you are considering leaving. I hope you don't, but I certainly understand your feelings. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding my sentiments, too. I hope you don't leave because of one idiot. Though I can certainly understand if you do, I'd hate to see you go. You're a big part of the good of the fandom, and a great gal I'm happy to be able to call friend. You'd be sorely missed.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete